Vintage Bliss - rare objects!

When it comes to thrift stores and vintage goodness, I assumed Germany would be the MOTHERLAND of treasures. I envisioned streets lined with antique shops and discount thrift stores,  just begging for me to buy their wares.

Much to my dismay the elusive thrift store has been just that – elusive. 

Come to find out people in Europe dispose of their unwanted treasures via ‘FLEA MARKETS’.  The first Saturday of every month, the country turns into one big yard sale. Wow – that’s even better since the prices should be low as people will  not want to haul their old stuff back home.  


Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this ‘CURIOUSITY SHOP’ on a teeny-tiny back road in a random Bavarian village. I have no idea what the prices were since I was trying to be super-sleuthy with my photo taking.

Check out the unique finds!

Doesn't the dial look odd?

Wood?? Very odd and interesting.

Perfect for the hallway.

I was obsessed with this. It's a cat thing.

Old style without the modern paintings and 'gingerbread'

Isn't this incredible? Probably a bit creepy for the house, but
amazing detail and craftsmanship. Why would a church ever
get rid of this? Stolen maybe?

Gorgeous chandaliers. I would put this in my bathroom.
I can't wait to visit the flea market! What are some of the unique/vintage things you have found?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are totally fun finds!!!! i am not always in the mood to search for stuff, but when i do get in that mood...MOVE over...because i find some killer items :-)

Michelle said...

I love everything vintage! These are definitely fun finds. I love the phone and the chandeliers!

Anonymous said...

wow! i can't wait to see the flea market pics!

Kristen from Love Lipstick and Pearls
http://lovelipstickandpearls.blogspot.com/

(blogger comments is still being lame)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

LOVE that telephone and the chandeliers!

P.S. I wanted to wish you a happy Memorial Day! Thank YOU for your service :D

Unknown said...

Those chandeliers are awesome!

I wish they had flea markets near me, I need to find some bargains

Talitha xx

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

How cool is that phone I love it.