Travel Schmavel 2012

Guess who's back? Yes - if you guessed moi, you're so right. See....I look pretty much the same.
Notice the water bottle on my desk? There is always one within arms reach . 


After having a delightful (and long overdue) lunch with my friend and fellow blogger Ms. Lisa (who has a new vegan recipe website), I felt inspired again to write a fresh post. I have received several emails and notes from my other blogging friends wondering what I've been up to. BIG APOLOGIES for not even responding. There's really  no excuse for it and even though I had the best of intentions to send a note back - it just never happened. 


So what have I been up to over the past few months? Tons of travel! As much as I wish I could say it's been globe trotting Belgium/Italy/Germany/France type of travelling - it has been more like California and Wisconsin type of travelling where 90% of the time there is a uniform involved. The 'home-for-a-week-&-gone-for-a-week' routine is really getting old. 


As always, here's a brief recapp in pictures:


Today was full of spectacular yard sales. Look at the major scores I found!

Ebay has been on & off again since customers tend to get annoyed when you can't ship their items because you're out of town. I'm home for 2 weeks - so the listings are being added at warp speed.

I spent the night in Reno enroute to California - here are some of my dear military friends.


Clean and  pink lip-glossed up, my friend Barb and I are headed to California for 2 weeks of SUCK. 

Not typically one to complain - this was the WORST military experience of my life. Two weeks of living in a dirt floor tent, with no running water, porta-potties only, and a 1 mile hike to use the shower. Oh yeah...it was 112 degrees. It was so hot my toothbrush warped and the bristles fell out. SUMMARY: Dirty, disgusting and life changing. 

REWARD! : One delicious week is San Diego with Mr. C courtesy of Uncle Sam. I forgot my hat and was melting on the ferry. I'm sure everyone thought I was Muslim, ha. 

Margaritas at The Hotel Del Coronado! We just returned on Sunday.    


I miss everyone and hope you're doing well!


xoxo,
Michelle


PS - blogger is putting a weird white box around my normal text. Anyone else having the same prob?

8 comments:

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Hey Stranger, good to see you back. I have missed you X

Unknown said...

Welcome back! You have been up to a lot :) Can't wait to see more pics.

And I feel sorry for you on that crappy posting - heat, sweat and dirt are not a nice mix.

Talitha xx

Claudia Moser said...

Happy to have you back :)

Lisa said...

It was so great to see you and catch up! And it's nice to see you're blogging again as well! Hopefully, no more dirt floor tents for awhile! Bleh! Welcome back!

Aimeecakes said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts!

osovictoria said...

Welcome back and good to hear the worst is over and you had a wonderful time in San Diego.

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the blog love!

xoxo
Michelle

Lovely Light said...

Yay, you're back! Any more traveling left? Any fun plans?