Your Valentines was Better Than Mine.

Pre facial bug bites & horrible sodium bloat.
Valentines - schmalentines.

2 years in a row I have been working out of town during my favorite week: Valentines & my birthday. The two days of the year that are supposed to be romantic and 'all-about-me' have somehow been replaced with an uncomfortable uniform, suffocating gas mask and exhausting 14 hour work shifts. Yay.........

But not that I'm complaining. I love the Reserves - it's just the timing of these events usually BLOWS.

Mr. C surprised me this morning with a urgent packaged delivered to my dorm room full of Rocky Mountain chocolates, a Nordstrom bag FULL (yes -full!) of MAC makeup, cinnamon jelly beans and the most romantic card ever. Awwwww - so sweet. 

However....between you and me I'm glad Mr. C can't see me right now. Why you ask? Because stupid BUGS have been biting me on my face while I sleep, and I have giant red scaly spots on my face. BONUS: I am puffy thanks to an exclusive diet of MRE's (meals ready to eat. Read: high sodium & fat). As you can imagine - I feel (and look) GUH-ROSS.

I'm hoping to bounce back to normal by Saturday so I can look great for my surprise-location birthday dinner. So excited - but will condsider canceling if I look like I have a case of the 'fat-face-chicken-pox'!

Two more days.........two more days.....

xoxo
Michelle

9 comments:

Krista said...

You are one tough BUT gorgeous Reserve! Mr. C is a keeper :)

Kristen said...

aww what a thoughtful gift! cortisone cream is the bomb for bug bites!

Claudia Moser said...

Just think how much fun you will have for your birthday :)))

Jenni said...

That was so nice of him.Happy bday in advance :)

Curtise said...

He'll still love you, no matter how many bug bites you have! He sounds like a thoughtful man. Enjoy your belated birthday treat. xxx

Sarah Tokeley said...

I'm scratching in sympathy - and yay for wonderful men :-)

Kelli Nørgaard said...

I just love that you call them the "all about me" holidays. :-) My kind of gal!

Unknown said...

Hope all goes well lovely :)

Talitha xx

Lisa said...

Somehow you and the word guh-ross just don't fit in the same sentence. Ever. ;) I hope you're feeling better... It sounds like you have a pretty great guy in your life. <3