TREND PREDICTION - a new color pallette

I was in Europe in 2008, and the color trend was PLUM PURPLE. It was everywhere from housewares to clothing and accessories. I told all of my friends in the states that PURPLE WAS COMING. The general response was, "Purple? Huh, I'll believe it when I see it".

As you know, our fashion has been one big PURPLE BOMB for the last two years. I tried to tell  you.......
courtesy of aparmenttherapy.com

So now.....I can't help but notice the new combination of BRIGHT ORANGE and LIME GREEN. It is everywhere, no joke. This trend is in both France and Germany, and looks vivid and fresh when paired with bright white or light gray/stainless. The LIME  GREEN is also occasionally paired with the TURQUOISE blue which I love.

Here's a small assortment of color inspiration. I will randomly post more photos of this color scheme throughout my trip.

You heard it hear first people - ORANGE and GREEN.














 
Sorry for the reflection, its hard to get a good shot of storefronts

 

Can you see yourself putting this shade in your home? It's great for the kitchen and dining room. Brightens up a boring loo too.

Where do you live, and have you been noticing this color combo in your city? 

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Lime green and dark blue are my two colours in the living room for the last 3 years, so am I trendy? :)

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Orange is quite big in Oz at the moment.

Anonymous said...

while im not a huge fan of orange or lime green generally, i think it's fun when used in decor! i live in ohio, so obviously there are not any trends that stick out in my mind here, but it would be fun if we had these colors all over the place! livin things up for sure!!!!! :-)

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

yay!!! orange and green!! love it!!! ♥
Jello


jelloskitchen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's all over the place. I have orange chairs in my dining room. I'm wearing orange nail polish. There's orange all over everything. I'd say lime green is passing on. I think it was really big here last year. Turquoise is definitely coming up. Which is fine because it's one of my favorite colors. It goes gorgeously with red.

Emma Z said...

I am all about the colors haha. I am actually painting a table lime green today =)

I think it is so interesting how Europe is always so ahead of us with these things, although it has gotten quicker with the internet.

http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Orange and green...it kind of reminds me of the 60's. Or was it the 70's? Anyway, it looks Fresh for the 21st century., it's a good comeback! ;) @emma basilone... It must have something to do with the rotation of the earth? ;)