These are two lifestyle extremes. I know, and some days I feel like I'm from another planet as most people can not relate to the importance of dressing up and putting on makeup ( I wore makeup and did my hair every day while I was in Iraq - no excuses). Throw in the complication of living in a small town, recently turning 40 (yes 40, and yes I know I don't look 40 - that's half the fun) - and VOILA, you can start to understand the dilemma and dicotomy of my life.
So here is the big news......... I am leaving next month to spend 6 months in Europe. Yes, the lovely motherland of everything wonderful - Europe (Germany, to be exact). But I'm calling it Europe as I have no intentions of staying in just one country - but more on that later.
Join me as I try and figure out:
- what to pack
- how to say goodbye
- how to maintain a long distance relationship with the most amazing man ever
- how to adjust from livingn in a 7 bedroom home to a dorm room where I share a bathroom with a stranger
- giving up my amazing wardrobe to wearing a uniform or fitness gear 80% of the time
- how to deal with annoying, frustrating and irritating people
- how to cope with the trauma I'll see, and the sad stories I will listen to - they are truly heartbreaking
- Any many more issues that will occur along the way