LONDON BOUTIQUES - my inspiration.


I've posted in earliers posts how I would LOVE to open a boutique. While in Europe I've been SECRETLY STALKING the local shops and taking as many photos as I can. Like a sponge I absorb the colors, the racks, the fixtures, the layouts and the exterior design.

I'm really drawn  to the bright colored shops - and London DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Want to see what style excites me?  

I love this color, and also how the entrance is recessed.


What a great idea to add the black to break up the purple wall.

Black and gold looks so LUXE to me......

I know this is a pub, but I like the gold/black combo along with the bright flowers. It looks inviting.

Vintage picture frames and the chandelier is a perfect combo. I would do black and white photos in gawdy gold frames.

A clever idea to dress up a plain brick front. I would probably have gone with hot pink or black.

LOVE.

The bright color makes this store stand out from a row of 'blah'

Can't miss this one.....


Bad signage and the window needs to be dressed up, but the bright color atrracts women shoppers. The white door would look better black (of course, right?)


I wonder how hard it would be to add windows. Isn't this great? Its impressive and different.


CALLING ALL BLOGGER FRIENDS:
Do you have a cool boutique in your city? 

I would love it if you sent me a link or a photo(s) to hot.pink.combat.boots@gmail.com. Also, if you have any upcoming travel plans, please keep me in mind and snap some stealthy photos.Thanks dolls!




8 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

Hot pink seems to be THE colour this year. Pretty, although I'd pair it with purple :)

Selina. said...

Yumi shop may be bad signage but the clothes in there are ah maaaazing!! not sure about bergen boutiques i shall keep a look out ;)

Claudia Moser said...

Well Michelle, what did you buy in the end? :)

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

I am so drawn to the hot pink ones. Their is a gorgeous store in Brisbane well the inside is gorgeous. Next time I am in the city I will see if they will let me take some pictures.

Anonymous said...

ill definitely have to snap some of boutiques here! i think with the government here, people dont open their own businesses as much as some other countries, but i have seen a few :)

i love little boutiques and we should so go into business together :)

Shera "The Expatriate" said...

Oh I love the ideas - I'll have to do some boutique stealthy shoots for you this weekend :)

Krista said...

I'd go into any shop that was pink even if all they sold was day old fish :)

Kristen said...

i love the bright store fronts, so cute!