DORM ROOM DESIGN - Retro Mod Style!

15 DAY COUNTDOWN TO DEPLOMENT - DAY 15/15

THE INSPIRATION
One of my deployment dilemmas is being forced to live in a boring dorm for 6 months. The room will be small and I will have to share a bathroom with one neighbor. Bleh. So even though I have not seen the space yet, I want to bring some decorative items with me so I can quickly convert this little room into a stylish living space.



HISTORY:
When I was in my 20’s and living in the barracks, I would remove black and white photos from the fashion magazines and cover my furniture and walls. Essentially making a funky wallpaper.

THE PLAN:
I think I will do the same thing again on this trip, but in addition to using magazine clippings, I will add DECORATIVE CARDSTOCK. I found two print books that are gorgeous and should be enough to do an entire wall (securing with scotch tape), as well as line my clothing drawers.  

At $10 a book (48 sheets), these are a bargain. Check out some of the the patterns - aren’t these cool?

You can buy this at Michaels or Hobby Lobby








Going with a retro-mod theme, I bought some black bath towels with fun white polka dots. A closet isn't complete without matching hangers. I picked up two 18 packs of black velvet hangers by Closet Diva. Hopefully that will be enough as I have no idea how much space I'll have.  


For some reason, this little purchase has brought me some peace in my building anxiety of leaving.   

I will post before and after photos once I arrive :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

what a great idea! those scrapbooking sheets are gorg!

Lacey said...

Thats so awesome. I can't wait to see what it looks like :D